Keep Moving Forward, Inc. provides a variety of options to meet the needs of your child.
We provide Physical Therapy to children in order to improve their balance, coordination and gross motor skills such as rolling, crawling, sitting, standing, walking, running and jumping.
Our fully licensed and experienced physical therapists work with the child and the family to assess the current functioning level and create an individualized plan to help your child achieve the best results. Families are provided with a custom made, individualized Home Exercise Program that your child can practice daily at home with their caregivers to achieve optimal progress.
Pediatric Physical Therapy is typically recommended for individuals who demonstrate a delay in achieving motor milestones, have been injured or have movement impairments from an illness, disease, or disability.
Doctors may recommend PT for individuals with:
- Neurological disorders (Stroke, Muscular Dystrophy, Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy)
- Torticollis and other orthopedic conditions
- Genetic disorders
- Developmental delays
- Hypertonia (low tone)
- Development coordination disorder/motor planning difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
What do Pediatric Physical Therapists do?
Pediatric physical therapists use a variety of treatment techniques and various equipment tools to help build strength, facilitate movement, and improve skills needed to complete daily activities. Pediatric physical therapists help individuals to achieve:
- Flexibility to increase range of motion
- Gains in muscle strengths
- Increased balance and coordination
- Improvements in muscle tone
- Integration of reflexive movement patterns
- Improved postural alignment of the body in functional positions
- Achieving Developmental milestones such as rolling, crawling and walking
- Safety to prevent injury
Promoting independent movement is our biggest goal!